When I first heard of people trying smoothie bowls I didn't know what to think. I will admit I may be a little picky with food, and I thought smoothie bowls were a little weird. But I gave it a try and have not looked back! They are delicious and leave you feeling nice and full! With all the training and running that I do I need to have a good balance of protein in my diet, so after giving Genuine Health fermented Greek Yogurt Proteins+ a try, it's been the best kind of protein to add to almost anything! Last week I shared with you the delicious chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie--yes it's still on repeat this week! Today I'm sharing with you Genuine Health's: Berry Chia Smoothie bowl recipe.
For the Chia Mixture:
- 1 cup Chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (or your favorite milk)
- 1 tbsp. honey (can substitute with agave, or maple syrup)
For the Smoothie Bowl:
- 1 cup raspberries*
- 1/2 cup strawberries*
- 1/2 cup blueberries*
- 1 scoop Fermented Greek Yogurt Proteins+ (I used vanilla flavor)
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut milk (or your favorite milk)
- * fruits can be frozen, I used fresh fruits
- Fresh berries
- Chia seeds
- Shaved coconut
- The chia mixture, put all of the ingredients in bowl, stir it and set it aside. I put it in the fridge for 15min.
- The smoothie, put all of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth, or whatever consistency you like. I like when the fruits aren't fully broken down.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl
- Add the chia mixture on top of the smoothie
- Add whatever toppings you'd like.
I changed a few things for my bowl and toppings: for the granola I added a coconut and chocolate granola flavor. It was so good and not super sweet! Instead of frozen fruits, I just used regular fruits. If you want, put the fruits in a freezer bag the night before so that in the morning you can just throw it all into the blender. I like playing around with different ways to make smoothie bowls, and finally feel confident enough to share some of my own recipes with you soon! Stay tuned next week when I bring you one of my own concoctions using Genuine Health protein supplements.
Have a great hair day! xo