I loved visiting all of Mel's top 3 fitness studios here in Toronto, I still have not taken a cycling class and trust me it's on my list to try this month! Who wants to go with me?! Spokehaüs is a cycling studio, the lights are turned off, the music is turned up, and you get a full body workout! "Targeting your core, legs, butt, arms and heart through a series of carefully choreographed movements that will transform your body, your mind and the way you feel about your workout"
Today's step by step is the Spokehaüs Top Knot. This hairstyle is great for any cycling, or high intensity class you take. If you have shorter length hair, or long hair this style works great on any one! Wear it half up or all up, it's works either way, it'll keep that hair out of your face! If you have curly, wavy, frizzy hair, put it up in braids and a top knot, it'll make life a lot easier and your workouts a lot breezier ;) Remember, if you're new at learning how to braid, it takes time and practice, so don't give up and keep at it!
1. Divide the hair into three sections. First, divide it in two, top and bottom half. Tie the bottom half so the hair is out of the way. Second, take the top half and divide that in two separate sections, creating a line on the top of your head.
2. You'll be repeating the same pattern over and over for this style of braid. On whichever section you decide to start take three small strands of hair. Cross under the middle, over the top.
3. Once you've come to the top, add another small strand to bring that new strand of hair and repeat, under, over and add another strand of hair, always holding on tight, and adding more hair each time you pull to go further back on your head.
4. Repeat these steps for how ever long you'd like your braid to go. With Mel's hair I decided to make two long braids. It looked like her hair was half up.
5. I then took that bottom half section of hair and tied it into a high ponytail, twisted her hair and the two braids into the bun, creating a braided top knot. You can either leave it in a long pony tail or put it in a top knot, up to you, but you're done and now you can enjoy your workout without having to redo your topknot or ponytail every 5 minutes ;)
Have a great hair day!
Thank you Nelly for all the step by step pictures!