There are so many new gyms and fitness studios in Toronto, I went to Misfit Studio with Mel for a photoshoot for her series that you might remember, the Top 3 Fitness studios in Toronto to try this summer. Misfit Studio is a beautiful and peaceful space, we were welcomed by the most friendly staff, and taught a few new moves, by the lovely Amber Joliat, owner and teacher at Misfit.
Misfit Studios is a space where you are challenged, to better yourself through a mix of the classes they offer such as esscentrics, fusion, yoga, and pilates. They put it best: We believe in unique, creative movement. Make sure to check out their site, it might be the studio and fitness classes you were looking for.
For your next pilates or yoga class why not try a new hairstyle to keep you looking good and feeling good while you workout. This week's braid a Misfit Fishtail.
This fishtail braid is one of the easiest hairstyles to re-create. It's like doing a french braid but MUCH easier!
1. Section the top half of your hair in two. Start as high on your head as you'd like. With Mel, I started more in the middle.
2. Cross over, creating an 'X' and hold on to that 'X'. I started on the right side and crossed over to the left.
3. On the left hand side, bring over a small section of hair, and add it to your right hand
4. Again, add another strand of hair and bring it over to the left side.
5. Keep repeating steps 3 and 4, pull tight, you don't want it to feel too loose, it'll fall apart. Remember, you're always adding hair and just crossing over to the other side.
6. When you come close to the end when you feel like there's no more hair to grab, you can either tie the bottom part and keep it as a loose ponytail, or continue to the end.
7. I kept going to the end of Mel's hair, this time just keep grabbing pieces from underneath, crisscrossing from the original two sections.
8. Once you've come to the end, tie with a small elastic band. Voila you're done.
That was easy right?! You can wear this braid anywhere, it'll look so good when you work out, people will think it took you forever to do your hair but let's be real, it'll take you 10 minutes to do this ;) If it's your first time trying this style it might take a little longer, just think of that great arm workout you're getting.
I would love to see your creations of your fishtail braid, make sure to follow and tag @cabellobycarolina (#cabellobycarolina) so I can see them!
Have a great workout and hair day!
Step by Step Photo cred: Nelly Cancilla