Hope you've had an amazing week so far! I'm currently away on vacation, and it's starting today with my brother's wedding! Then we're heading to Chicago for the weekend! The weather will be both warm and cold so I decided to pack a few different layers so that I could still get my runs while I'm away. I love the change of scenery, and running in all the different seasons. It feels so good, to take a different route, run a little longer, and it's the best way to get to know a city. This week for the DIY I decided to do a nice easy hairstyle for you to try at home. This braided top knot is easy to do, you can wear a hat with it or not, and your hair will look good for your run or workout. Yes I have bangs and this braided topknot is good for keeping the bangs off of my forhead and out of my eyes.
What you'll need:
- Small elastic band
- Hair tie
This is seriously super easy to do at home. If you're still learning to do the Side French Braid I showed you a few weeks ago, keep at it, you can do this same style too!
- Section the top of your hair, basically a rectangle on the top of your head.
- Tie the rest of your hair out of the way
- Grab three strands of hair
- Place one strand in the right hand, and two in the left hand
- Bring the right strand under the middle, and OVER the left. Everything will have shifted over, you should now have two strands in the right hand and one in the left.
- Repeat this same step, but this time add hair to the strand in the far right and bring that under the middle and over the left.
- Add hair to the strand that just shifted into the middle and bring that OVER the strand on the right.
- Add hair again to the piece on the right, bring it UNDER the middle and over the left
- Again, add hair to the left strand, bring it OVER the right.
- Continue for as long as you'd like. You'll be repeating the same steps over and over. Tie the end of the braid.
- The hair that was in a ponytail, brush that up into a bun with the braid, tie it, wrap the hair around into a bun, and add another hairtie to secure the bun.
You're now ready to go, if you don't like wearing your hair into a high topknot wear it a little lower or half up like I did, this way was perfect for me at last week's yoga class. Remember it doesn't have to be perfect, just try it and along the way it gets better ;)
Don't forget to tag #cabellobycarolina so I can see your workout hairstyles! Also, leave a comment below if you have ideas of what I should try next. I'm always up for a challenge.
Have a great hair day! xo